This article contains information relating to using atgPay and APN (Auction Payment Network) in the same auction event in AuctionBuilder.
This article contains the following sections:
Can atgPay and APN Be Used in the Same Event?
Yes, however Proxibid does not recommend using both APN (Auction Payment Network) and atgPay for the same event as doing so increases the chances of double-charging bidders.
atgPay uses bidder-initiated payments, meaning that bidders can login to Proxibid and pay their invoice directly at any time after invoices are sent. This payment information is not fed over to APN. If an auction company runs all of their bidder cards in APN, they run the risk of double-charging bidders who have already paid using atgPay.
Additionally, payments made in APN are not fed into AuctionBuilder or atgPay. If an auction company runs a card in APN, they would need to immediately mark that invoice as "Paid" in AuctionBuilder to disable the bidder's ability to login and pay their invoice directly. If this is not done immediately, the auction company again runs the risk of double-charging the bidder.
For unpaid invoices, auction companies can submit Invoice Reviews (disputes).
Using Both atgPay and APN
If an auction company chooses to run both APN and atgPay for the same event, the process below is highly recommended:
- Allow bidder-initiated payments via atgPay for 4 calendar days after invoices were sent. The bidder will receive a payment reminder email 2 days after invoices were sent, and then another reminder email 4 days after invoices were sent.
- On the 5th day (after invoices were sent), disable atgPay for the event. This will ensure no additional bidders can submit payments via atgPay.
- Download the Winning Bidders report for the event and locate the bidders who are already marked as "Paid".
- For more information on reviewing and tracking bidder payments, see atgPay: Bidder Payments.
- Log into APN and (using the Winning Bidder report as a reference) move the "Paid" bidders from the Review queue to the Hold queue, so that they are not charged again.
- Process payments for the remaining bidders in the Review queue.