This article provides information needed to sell vehicles on Proxibid using atgPay.
This article contains the following sections:
Enabling Vehicle Sales with atgPay
Auctioneers onboarded to atgPay can now invoice lots within the “Cars” category via atgPay and Proxibid will collect the appropriate amount of Sales Tax. With this feature, bidders will be able to securely purchase vehicles won on Proxibid.com and have the support of Proxibid to help with any issues related to payment or registering the vehicle.
- atgPay must be enabled for the event.
- Ensure ACH is enabled as a Payment Method for the auction on the Payment & Terms page.
- While this is not a requirement, it is likely that more bidders will want to utilize ACH as a payment method for vehicles.
- Select the Shipping Method.
- It is important to select the correct shipping methods being offered. Buyers will be able to select which of those shipping methods they wish to use during checkout. Shipping and taxes will then be automatically applied based on the chosen shipping method and the buyer's location.
- When cataloging, vehicles must be categorized under the Cars & Vehicles, Collector Cars, or Commercial Trucks categories. Non-car vehicles and titled assets are not currently available for auto-tax calculation via atgPay. For information on adding categories to lots, see Categorization & Metadata.
- Lots categorized under any of the 'Parts & Accessories' or 'Trailers' subcategories will be taxed as Tangible Personal Property (TPP) rather than a plated vehicle.
- Non-plated vehicles such as ATV's, Dirt Bikes, Golf Carts, Boats, Aircraft, etc. will be taxed as Tangible Personal Property (TPP).
- The VIN should either be manually entered into the Lot Title field when cataloging, or in the Lot Comments field on the winning bidder's invoice. This ensures that it is clearly visible on documentation for the buyer’s registration needs.
- Text entered into the Lot Comments field on the invoice will appear on the buyer's invoice, as long as the invoice is saved by clicking the Save button in the top right corner of the invoice after comments are added.
- VIN data entered into a lot's metadata fields will not appear on the winning bidder's invoice.
- If comments are saved, the invoice does not need to be re-sent to the buyer in order for comments to be visible on the invoice in the buyer's MyProxibid account.
Vehicles sold in auction events using atgPay will automatically calculate taxes based on the table below:
Purchases made in states that do not impose sales tax will not be subject to tax.
For more information related to taxes on purchases using atgPay, including bidder tax exemptions, see atgPay: Internet Sales Tax.
Where there are two states as the first step to determine which location is used, tax calculation will default to using the state listed in the delivery location.
As long as the VIN appears on the buyer's invoice (either in the Lot Title or Lot Comments), additional paperwork should not needed to be provided to buyers in order to register their vehicle. However, if buyers are concerned, they can send an email to email@example.com to have Proxibid's Payment Operations team manually fill in the appropriate state form to support the buyer.
Bidders should print their complete invoice from their MyProxibid account.
For specific details on how bidders can pay for their winning invoices, see atgPay: Paying with atgPay.
For information related to bidder tax exemptions, see atgPay: Internet Sales Tax.
Article is closed for comments.