This article describes how to launch and use the Auctioneer Heads-Up Display (AHUD) in AuctionBuilder.
This article contains the following sections:
What is AHUD?
Proxibid's Auctioneer Heads-Up Display (AHUD) is a web-based tool that provides vital bidding information to auctioneers in real time. The easy-to-read display keeps auctioneers better informed of incoming bids and bidder interest.
AHUD requires a stable internet connection with a speed over 3mbps to work properly.
- Click the AppletLauncher link located in the top right corner of any AuctionBuilder page.
- Use the drop-down to select the auction event.
- If the event is not already live and should be, check the Set auction status to Live box. For more information on event status, see Event Status.
- Do NOT enter login information on this page.
- Click the Launch Auctioneer HUD button. A new window will open. Information will not display in AHUD until the Auctioneer Application is launched.
- Place the iPad, Laptop or cell phone in front of the auctioneer or clerk.
Information in AHUD will mirror the actions of the software operator as lots are clerked. The lot number and title will display at the top of the page, a photo of the lot appears in the bottom left corner, and the left side displays the current bid.
- Onsite bids are represented by a white background, while online bids rotate between a pink and gold background.
As bids come in, the screen will flash and then change color to catch the attention of the auctioneer. The lower section of the screen displays the bid history for the lot. The bars on the right side of the page represents bidders that are currently hovering over the Bid button. Bidders in green are hovering but have not bid yet (interested bidder). Bidders in blue are hovering and have previously placed a bid (active bidder). Bidders in white have taken their mouse off of the Bid button. Several can be displayed at once.
Sold lots will display in red. If the winning bidder is online, their username and location are displayed above the lot image.
AHUD is Delayed/Lagging
When there is a delay in the AHUD display, the internet may be running slowly. Take the steps below to try and resolve the issue:
- Close any unnecessary browser windows.
- Check the internet upload speed:
- Speed should be 3mbps or above.
- If the speed is below 3mpbs, try another connection.
- If no other connections are available, try restricting the connection.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, have the auctioneer application operator relay bid information to the auctioneer. The auctioneer application requires less speed to run.