Post event, winning bidders must be invoiced in order to utilize the ATG Pay feature. This article outlines how to utilize this process.
This article consists of the following sections:
Invoicing the Winning Bidder
Invoices are generated and sent from AuctionBuilder. The invoicing process, including access, edit, management, printing and emailing it outlined in the Invoicing article.
Details are available for bidders on how they can pay for their winning invoices on our ATG Pay: Paying with ATG article.
For events utilizing ATG Pay, Bidders will have a Pay Now button within their received invoice.
Payment tracking and activity can be found within the ATG Pay Payment Processing Portal. The below information covers the Payments section.
- Approved - The submitted payment is authorized by the issuing bank, confirming the availability of the funds, in addition to validating the cardholder’s submitted CVV & AVS (address) information. The funds have not been added to your balance at this stage.
- Pending - Immediately after payment is made, the transaction is under an initial review by the processor's Risk Team. Do not ship or release the item(s) at this stage.
- Captured - The Captured status means an approved payment was sent to the processing bank as part of their daily batch to begin the process of transferring funds from the cardholder to your payment processing account.
- Settled - (SAFE TO SHIP/RELEASE) Settled indicates that the process of transferring funds between the cardholder and your payment processing account is now completed, and the money is now part of your Available Balance.
- Failed - (DO NOT SHIP/RELEASE) This status indicates that the attempted transaction failed authorization by the cardholder’s bank, and thus, the payment is invalid and will not be Captured or Settled.
- Refunded - After payment has Settled, you can reverse it by issuing a refund back to the cardholder’s bank. The money related to a refunded transaction will then be deducted from the your Available Balance.
How will I know if a payment has been made?
As Buyers pay their invoices you'll see them marked as paid in AuctionBuilder.
Once onboarded, we will enable email notifications for when a transaction: has settled, failed, and when a disbursement has been sent out. You can edit these email alerts and the recipient email addresses directly via ATG Pay Payment Processing Portal.
- Log into the payment processing portal.
- Navigate to Email Alerts from the Dashboard Navigation bar found under Admin.
- Use the toggle feature to turn an email alert on or off.
- Update your email address or add additional email addresses using the "+" symbol.
When will the items be cleared for shipment/release?
The items will be safe to release when the transaction status is “Settled". Settled indicates that the process of transferring funds between the cardholder and your payment processing account is now completed, and the money is now part of your Available Balance.