Once fully onboarded, this article serves as a checklist guide for auction companies setting up an event using atgPay.
- Enable atgPay on the event.
- Please note that deposits cannot be used with atgPay at this time.
- If needed, Enable Autopay to automatically charge bidder credit cards either 24 or 72 hours after invoices are sent to winning bidders.
- If needed, enter a Credit Card Limit.
- Select the Allowed Payment Methods.
- Select whether or not fees will be absorbed or passed on to the bidder.
- Select the Shipping Method for the event: Local Pickup, Bidder-arranged, House-Arranged, or any combination of the three.
- If shipping fees are going to be applied to the events, House-Arranged must be one of the shipping methods selected.
- Verify that the shipping, payment, and checkout information in the event's Payment & Terms reflect the use of atgPay, and potentially, Autopay.
- Proxibid suggests adding the following statement to the event's Payment Instructions to indicate to bidders that the event is using atgPay: "At the end of the auction, Buyers will receive an invoice with a ‘Pay Now’ button, to checkout simply and securely via card or bank transfer (ACH) using atgPay."
- The Sales Tax Amount field can be left blank or set to 0% as the value entered will be overridden when taxes are automatically calculated based on the bidder's location.
- Since taxes are calculated automatically when using atgPay, auction companies will not be able to edit the Sales Tax Amount field once atgPay is enabled on an event.
- Update the invoice email to include additional payment details for winning bidders, if needed.
- Categorize the lots in the catalog.
- Verify that the event catalog is compliant with Proxibid's Unified User Agreement.
- If firearms are being sold, an FFL must be on file in the auction company's name.
- If high-risk items are being sold, the merchant must obtain a High-Risk Merchant ID.
Once the sale has closed, review the atgPay: Post Sale Checklist for information on invoicing, payments, reporting, etc.