This article describes the training and equipment needed to launch the Auctioneer Application, as well as some best practices for using the application.
This article contains the following sections:
In order to successfully run a live auction with Proxibid, whomever runs the live auction software must complete the required training sessions and be certified. When an auction is set to self-operate, please ensure that a certified operator will be available to run the auction event.
To sign up for training, please contact a Proxibid Account Manager.
- Occurs every Tuesday at 10:00AM CST
- This class is designed for new Software Operators or Software Operators who haven't run the application in over a year.
- This class covers the Proxibid Auctioneer and Bidder applications. The class looks at the way bidders interact with a company during an event followed by the basic functions, settings and process of running events with the Proxibid Auctioneer Application.
- Occurs every Thursday at 10:00AM CST
- This class is for Part 1 attendees who have completed requirements for attendance.
- This class will walk through a "day-of" auction scenario.
- This class covers launching and pre-auction setup, group lots, messaging, closing, reconciling, & invoicing.
- This class also demonstrates the clerking of several practice lots to ensure Software Operators are comfortable running the application.
Launching the Application
The Auctioneer Application requires a strong internet connection and an updated version of Java.
- The Auctioneer Application should only be launched when the auction company is ready to begin the live webcast of the auction event.
- Click the AppletLauncher link located in the top right corner of AuctionBuilder. Use the drop-down to select the applicable auction event.
- Check the Set auction status to LIVE! box.
- To stream audio and/or video, click the Launch Live AV button.
- Enter login credentials into the User Name and Password fields.
- Only users with administrative privileges can launch the Auctioneer Application.
- Click the Launch Auctioneer Application button.
Prior to the Event
- Test the computer setup and connection before auction day and then again before the auction goes live.
- Schedule periodic breaks for the software operator.
- If the event will be streaming live audio via a cell phone, call the Proxibid audio line at 402-504-3500 approximately 10 minutes before the event begins.
- Verify that all battery powered equipment is fully charged, and that back-up equipment is readily available.
- Launch the live auction 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
Article is closed for comments.