This article describes how to launch and use the Buyer Heads-Up Display (BHUD) in AuctionBuilder. For information on the Auctioneer Display, see Auctioneer Heads-Up Display (AHUD).
This article contains the following sections:
What is BHUD?
The Buyer's Heads Up Display projects onsite and online bidding activity together in one easy-to-read display. Projecting the BHUD strategically around an auction site keeps bidders on track, while displaying the online bidding generating a sense of urgency for the onsite bidders.
The Buyer Heads Up Display shows onsite auction attendees a real-time, projected view of the bidding for each lot. The standard Heads Up Display's consolidated view shows the audience the lot's:
- Primary image
- Next asking price using the primary auction currency, the code and country flag
- Current leading bidder, their country and whether they are online or onsite
- Up to five additional currency conversions (optional)
- Click the AppletLauncher link located in the top right corner of any AuctionBuilder page.
- Use the drop-down to select the auction event.
- If the event is not already live and should be, check the Set auction status to Live box. For more information on event status, see Event Status.
- Do NOT enter login information on this page.
- Click the Launch Buyer HUD button. A new window will open.
- Lot number, image, title: On-site visual tracking of what is "on the block" results in an easy-to-follow catalog companion that generates additional interest. High resolution images and visual triggers result in on-site/online bidder alignment and increased bidding activity.
- Item's current asking price: Real-time pricing tracking allows the bidder to always know what the starting ask is and have confidence in their next bid, resulting in less retractions or misunderstandings.
- Currency conversion: Five additional, interchangeable currency conversions allow for quick international currency calculation and the increased awareness of the the global audience an auction attracts.
- Real-time bid activity: The real-time bid activity generates transparency regarding online bidders, and generates a sense of excitement and urgency to bid. It also adds clarity as to where the bid is at, whether it is onsite or online, and when it is finally SOLD!
- Laptop/external monitor with the ability to mirror to a TV display.
- Personal (phone) or cellular hotspot, wired, or wireless internet connection to device.
- TV Monitor to reflect Buyer HUD to onsite bidders.