This article describes all of the reports available under the Reporting section of AuctionBuilder. For information on the Email Log, see Email Log.
This article contains the following sections:
- About Reporting
- Auction Stats
- Bid History
- Bidder List
- LotID Export
- Activity Log
- Winning Bidders Report
The Reporting section of AuctionBuilder allows auction companies to view and export pre-bids, auction stats, registered bidders, and winning bidders after each auction. This data can be used to analyze bidder participation trends. It can also be used to quickly export registered bidder information to a spreadsheet that can be imported into separate accounting software, needed.
To view a particular report, click the Reporting link located on the left side of AuctionBuilder, then select the auction from the drop-down menu to the right of the report name.
To obtain reports on events that have been archived, see Event Archives.
The Pre-Bids report allows auction companies to view the amount of total pre-bids and the max pre-bid amount for an event. The report also displays the number of lots that currently have pre-bids and the record count of total pre-bids.
There is also a table that outlines pre-bids by lot number. Each row shows the high bid on the particular lot as well as the bidder's paddle number and username. For information on viewing max pre-bids, see View Max Pre-Bids.
After the auction, click the Show Winning Pre-bids link to view a table of those pre-bids that won a lot. a lot's bid history can be viewed by clicking on the specific lot number.
The Auction Stats report provides a detailed summary of information during and after the auction. Stats are not finalized until all lots have been reconciled.
- Sales Summary: Displays total number of lots sold compared to the number of lots sold online and the catalog views. This section also displays the total hammer sold compared to the total hammer sold online. Clicking the Total Lots Sold link will open a new page with a table containing each lot, the user name of the bidder who won the lot, and the hammer price. Unsold lots will not display a user name or hammer price. Lots that were sold to on-site bidders will display a user name of "onsite". Clicking on a hammer price will display the bid history for that lot. Clicking on a user name will display that bidder's information.
- Catalog Detail: Displays the total number of lots in the selected catalog in comparison to the number of views that particular catalog has received.
- Lot Status: Displays the number of lots sold per hour, a timestamp of when the auction ended, the total number of lots 'passed' (unsold), as well as the total number of lots with no clerking status.
- Bid Summary: Reports statistics on bid counts, high and low bids, averages and totals for the overall auction (both onsite and online.) Total Price Drive displays the additional amount of money an auction generated due to online bidding.
- Bidder Detail: Displays the number of different types of bidders in the event, as well as the manner in which bidders participated in the event.
- Online Sale Listing: A table at the bottom of the Auction Statistics page displays the user name, paddle number, and hammer price for all of the lots sold online for the auction. Clicking on a lot's hammer price will display the bid history for that lot. Clicking on a user name will display that bidder's information.
To view the bid history for a lot, along with any backup bidders,
- Click the Stats link located at the bottom of the event on the AuctionBuilder Dashboard.
- Locate the lot and click on the value in the Hammer Price column.
- Lots may not be in numerical order. Click Ctrl + F and enter the lot number into the resulting search window to locate the lot faster.
- The Bid History for that lot will appear.
- Click on the User Name of any bidders to view their contact information.
The Bidder List report displays all of the registered bidder information for a particular auction. This report can be exported into Comma-Separated Values (.CSV) format by selecting “Click here to download this information in CSV format”.
This report displays a timestamp of when a bidder registered for the auction, if they logged into the live auction, and all of their contact information. This report is commonly used to generate mailing lists.
The LotID Export reports generates a Comma-Separated Values (.CSV) file that contains the event's External Lot ID numbers. Save or open the file as needed.
Lot IDs will appear in a column next to their applicable lot number. This report can be useful for auction companies needing to map their catalog to Wavebid or another platform.
The Activity Log report displays the view and watch counts for all of the lots within the selected auction. The View Count reflects the total number of times the lot was opened by any online users. The Watching total is the number of bidders who have clicked the Watch this Item link on the lot.
Click the Export CSV button at the top of the page to download a Comma-Separated Values (.CSV) file of the report.
Winning Bidders Report
The Winning Bidders report is only accessible after an auction ends. The report provides winning bidders' contact information, shipping address, total due, and billing information.
Because this list exposes bidders' personal information, it is recommended that lists are kept in a safe place or destroyed when no longer needed.
The report can be sorted by Name, Username, ID#, and Total by clicking the applicable link at the top of the page.
This report can be exported into Comma-Separated Values (.CSV) format by selecting “Click here to download this information in CSV format”.
Click the Show Lots link to have a list of lots won by each bidder added to the report. By default, the report is set to not show the lots won.
Bidders who have paid will have "Paid" listed below their invoice total.