The application is via our atgPay merchant, Payrix, and can be found here.
- We recommend completing the form using a computer, not a mobile device. We also recommend using Google Chrome.
- If the page is frozen or stuck, please refresh your browser (NOTE: you will lose your progress, so be sure to check each tab for any missing or incomplete information).
- If refreshing the browser does not resolve the issue, we recommend clearing your cookies and cache.
- If you plan on selling items that may be classified as high-risk, you will need to provide a higher level of information to Proxibid and carry an FFL to meet the high-risk assessment criteria.
- If the Payments team needs to request additional information, it may take longer than 2 business days to receive the Welcome email.
- Your password is the one you selected during the application process.
- You should confirm/update your contact information when you first access the Payments Processing Portal.
You can schedule an atgPay training session that best suits your schedule. This session will cover topics such as:
- Creating an event using atgPay
- atgPay features
- Accessing the Payment Processing Portal to view transactions and disbursements and set up email alerts.
- Familiarizing yourself with the Payment Processing Portal Help Center.
- Familiarizing yourself with the atgPay section of the AuctionBuilder Help Center.
Once, onboarded, we recommend discussing/promoting atgPay with your bidders. Below are some links to articles that can be provided to bidders to answer questions they may have: