This article describes the steps for updating an auction house's profile as it appears on their company landing page on Proxibid.com.
This article contains the following sections:
Auction House Profile
The Auction House Profile section contains information specific to a user's auction company and appears in the lower left corner of AuctionBuilder. The information from this section appears on the company's landing page on the Proxibid.com website. This Information includes the business name, company description, contact information, and buyer ratings. A company logo can also be added.
Edit Auction House Profile
- To edit any of the information within the Auction House Profile, click the Edit link in the top right corner of the section.
- Enter the Auction Company Name.
- This should be the formal name of the auction company.
- This field has a 75 character limit.
- Enter the Company Description.
- Must be between 200-500 characters.
- If an auction house focuses on a specific type of auction, that should be listed here (ex. Classic Cars, Real Estate).
- Enter the physical address of the auction company.
- Enter the Web Address (URL) of the auction company's website.
- In the Phone field, enter the primary phone number for the auction company.
- In the Phone 2 field, enter a secondary phone number for the auction company.
- This phone number will be displayed publicly on the auction company landing page on Proxibid.com
- This field is not required.
- Enter the Fax number for the auction company.
- This field is not required.
- Click the Choose File button to upload a company logo. See below for image requirements.
- Click the Finish button.
The company logo must be an image. The image requirements for the Auction Company logo are strict and should be followed closely. Submitted images that are larger than the requirements will not be fully displayed.
- Dimensions: Images must not exceed 1000 x 1000 pixels.
- File Size: Individual file size must be less than 5MB.
- File Name: An image file name greater than 30 characters will not be accepted. Spaces, special characters and symbols are not allowed. Numbers may be used in conjunction with text for the file name. Example: 1962Corvette.jpg
- File Format: .jpg or .jpeg
The Overall Rating provides auction companies with feedback from buyers on their experience purchasing items in their events.
Click the Stars to view individual buyer ratings and feedback. While the Overall Rating appears publicly on the auction company's landing page on Proxibid.com, the Buyer comments are not public.
For questions about disputing buyer feedback, please contact a Proxibid Account Manager.
Badges help bidders identify auction companies on Proxibid who excel in various areas. Badges are visible on an auction company's landing page on Proxibid.com. To be eligible to receive badges, auction companies may not use a disclaimer for any reason, and must be an active Proxibid customer for 30+ days. “Rating Pending” will appear next to a company name while the Proxibid team reviews assignment of appropriate badges. For more information, please contact a Proxibid Account Manager.
Proxibid offers the following badges:
- APN: Sellers uses the Auction Payment Network (APN), the most secure way to transact business on Proxibid.
- NAA: Seller is a member of the National Auctioneers Association (NAA).
- Buyer's Premium Badge: Seller charges in the lowest 5% of buyer's premiums. Evaluated quarterly across all auctions.
- Equipment Shipping: Seller does not ship, but facilitates shipping/pickup for buyers within 7 business days following the close of the auction. Seller is selling items that are 200+ lbs.
- Proxibid Preferred Partner: This seller partners with Proxibid to meet the highest standard of service and ethics, and has formed a strategic partnership with Proxibid.