This article describes the process for adding videos to lots in a catalog, along with some troubleshooting tips. For information on importing videos from Wavebid, visit the Wavebid Help Center.
This article contains the following sections:
AuctionBuilder allows for one video to be uploaded per lot. That video will appear as the second 'image' in the lot's image carousel. As bidders click the arrows to view all of the images associated with a lot, the video will be the second image.
Videos must be hosted on YouTube and cannot be uploaded directly from a personal computer. Since videos are not being hosted by Proxibid directly, there is no size limit.
If additional videos need to be added, the URLs can be pasted into the lot's description. Video links placed in the description will not appear in the lot's image carousel, but will appear as hyperlinks in the Lot Description. For information on manually adding hyperlinks to lot descriptions, see Add Hyperlinks to Lots.
For information on adding hyperlinks to lots via Wavebid, visit the Wavebid Help Center.
Adding Individual Videos
- Click the Catalog link at the bottom of the auction event section on the Dashboard. The Catalog Generator page will open.
- Use the Lot selector panel on the right side of the page to select the lot.
- Paste the video URL into the Add Video field.
- Click the Update button. A confirmation message will appear at the top of the page.
Adding Videos in Bulk
- When preparing a .CSV (comma-separated value) spreadsheet for import, add a VideoURL column.
Paste the video URL into the VideoURL column for the applicable lot.
- Only one URL can be added to the VideoURL column per lot. Video links will not upload properly if multiple URLs are added to the VideoURL column.
- During Step 2 of the Catalog Import process, the video column should be mapped to the 'VideoURL' Destination Field.
- Complete the catalog import process.
This Video Is Private
Video links added to AuctionBuilder must be set to 'Public'. If a YouTube video, for example, is set to 'Private', the video will not be visible to bidders on Proxibid.com.
Videos made using YouTube Shorts will not post correctly to AuctionBuilder, unless the URL is manually altered first.
To post YouTube Shorts videos to AuctionBuilder, the word 'shorts' in the URL must be changed to 'watch'. For example:
should be changed to
Additionally, any text that follows the video ID should also be removed.
should be changed to
The new URL should be tested to confirm it works properly before adding it to AuctionBuilder.