This article describes the various requirements that must be met in order to successfully upload images to AuctionBuilder, as well as some common troubleshooting tips.
This article contains the following sections:
Prior to uploading any photos, it is important to ensure they meet the requirements listed below. Up to 100 photos can be added to each lot.
- File format must be .jpg or .jpeg.
- File names cannot contain spaces or special characters/symbols.
- File name format must match the formatting selected when uploading the catalog in Bulk Loader.
- Each image should be named according to lot number. For example, the image name format for lot one would be as follows: 1, 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, etc.
- File size must be 5 MB or less. At this image size, users can swiftly upload 500 - 1,000 images at once. Larger files should be uploaded in smaller batches or the images should be resized. Uploading more than 1,000 images at once may lead to slower load times.
- Higher resolution images, like 4k, will load slower than lower resolution images. HD quality or lower is recommended.
If needed, third-party software can be used to rename or make changes the format of images in bulk.
Event Featured Image
This is the image that represents the event/catalog, rather than an image assigned to a particular lot. Featured image requirements are different than those assigned to lots.
- Featured images must not exceed 1000 x 1000 pixels and must be less than 140 kilobytes.
- File image name cannot be greater than 30 characters.
- File image name cannot contain spaces, special characters, or symbols.
- Image must be in .jpg file format.
Images Not Loading
Images must meet all of Proxibid's Image Requirements. If those requirements have been met and the images are missing from the catalog, export the catalog and view the data contained in the Image columns. If there are no file names in the Image columns, the images were not mapped. The most likely cause is that some of the necessary selections were not made during Step 3 of the Catalog Upload process. To correct this issue, re-upload the catalog and make the correct selections on Step 3 (Import Options) of the Catalog Upload process.
Alternate Images Not Loading
One the most common upload issues users encounter occurs with the Apply Above Formatting to Primary Image? checkbox. If the box is checked, the primary image should have the same formatting as the rest of the lot images. For example, 1-1.jpg, 1-2.jpg, 1-3.jpg.
If the box is not checked, the primary image does not have the same formatting as the rest of the lot images. For example, 1.jpg, 1-2.jpg, 1-3.jpg.
If the Primary Image box was not checked/unchecked correctly, the catalog will not contain any alternate images. To correct this issue, re-upload the catalog and make the correct selections on Step 3 (Import Options) of the Catalog Upload process.