This article describes the process for creating a catalog via Catalog Generator. For information on editing or deleting lots, see Edit Lots.
This article contains the following sections:
Catalog Generator vs. Bulk Loader
There are two methods for creating a catalog in AuctionBuilder: the catalog generator and the bulk loader. In general, the bulk loader is most useful when loading large catalogs with over 10 lots. The catalog generator is useful to load catalogs with less then 10 lots, and to edit specific lots after the catalog has been loaded.
The Catalog Generator allows auction companies to build an online catalog that matches their on-site lots by allowing more detailed control over adding individual lots.
The Bulk Loader allows auction companies to upload a spreadsheet containing lot number, lot title, and lot description into AuctionBuilder in one step. For more information, see Cataloging via Bulk Loader.
Creating a Catalog
To access the Catalog Generator, click the Catalog link at the bottom of auction event on the AuctionBuilder Dashboard.
The event name, date, and time will display at the top of the page Catalog Generator page. Below that there are a variety of fields to complete for each individual lot. For tips on building a quality catalog, see Cataloging Best Practices.
- Enter a Lot Number.
- The same lot number cannot be assigned to more than one lot, however alpha-lots can be used. For example, 12, 12A, 12B.
- For information on entering a Lot Order, see Reorder Lots.
- Enter a Lot Title.
- Limit of 100 characters.
- Enter a Lot Description.
- Limit of 5,000 characters.
- Enter a Quantity.
- Use the drop-down to select the Lot Type.
- If needed, enter a Starting Bid into the Ask Price field.
- Please note that using Starting Bids can impact the cost of posting an event on Proxibid. Contact a Proxibid Account Manager for more information.
- If needed, enter a Reserve Price into the Reserve field.
- Please note that using Reserves can impact the cost of posting an event on Proxibid. Contact a Proxibid Account Manager for more information.
- Reserves are not visible to bidders. Bidders will see "Reserve has not been met" on the lot. That verbiage is automatically removed once the reserve is met.
- Click the Choose File button to select the lead image for the lot. See below for information on adding alternate images to the lot. The lead image requirements differ from those for alternate images. For a list of requirements, see Proxibid Image Requirements.
- If needed, enter a URL into the Add Video field. For more information on adding videos, see Add Videos to Lots.
- If needed, enter Invoice Comments. Comments entered here will appear under the applicable lot on the bidder's invoice and will be visible to the bidder.
- If needed, enter Seller Information.
- If the Fees for the lot differ from those set for the event, enter them in the applicable Amount fields. Additional fee options will be available for editing after the lot if saved. For more information, see Taxes, Fees, and Premiums.
- Click the Create Lot button. A message will appear at the top of the page indicating that the lot has been created. The lot will also now appear in the Lot Selector panel on the right side of the page.
Adding Alternate Lot Images
Prior to uploading any photos, it is important to ensure they meet Proxibid's Image Requirements.
Once a lot has been saved, a series of fields will appear at the bottom of the page that allows for additional images to be added to the lot. To add images, click the Browse button and select the file. To add a description to the image, enter it into the Caption field. Once all the alternate images have been selected, click the Add button at the bottom of the page. Up to 15 photos can be added to each lot. Images may take 5-10 minutes to be visible in the catalog.
To remove alternate images, check the box to the right of the image number and then click the Remove button at the bottom of the page.