The Announcements & Downloads page allows users make announcements related to an auction event. The article discusses the benefits of using announcements as well as the process for creating announcements with or without attachments.
This article contains the following sections:
Why add an Announcement?
The Announcements & Downloads page can be used to add an important announcement to the top of the Terms of Sale for the auction or to attach important documents for bidders to download.
This tool can be used to share important documentation that cannot be included in a catalog, such as:
- Auction flyer
- Plot map
- Preview announcements
- Unique auction day arrangements
Adding an important announcement or attaching downloadable documents, provides additional information to online bidders that will help them make a more educated bidding decision.
Creating an Announcement
- Click on the Notices & Downloads link located under Auction Tools on the left hand side of the page.
- Use the drop-down to select the auction.
- This page can also be accessed by clicking the Announcements link located at the bottom of each event listing on the Dashboard.
- Enter the announcement text in the Main Announcement field. Text entered here will appear at the top of the Terms of Sale for the auction.
- If the character count (250 characters) is exceeded, continue in the Auxiliary Text field.
- If desired, enter text into the Auxiliary Announcement field. Text entered here will appear below the Main Announcement after clicking a More link.
- Click the Save Announcement button. Once an announcement has been created, additional fields will appear for adding documents or hyperlinks.
- To edit an existing announcement, make the necessary changes to the Main Announcement and Auxiliary Announcement fields and click the Save Announcement button.
- To delete an announcement, click the Delete Announcement button. If documents or hyperlinks have been attached, they must each be deleted before the announcement can be deleted.
Adding Documents and Hyperlinks
Once an announcement has been created, additional fields will appear for adding documents or hyperlinks.
Attached documents and hyperlinks will appear at the bottom of the Terms of Sale under the Downloads & Links section.
- For documents, enter a description of the document or link into the Description field.
- To attach a PDF to the announcement, click the Choose File button.
- Attachments must be PDFs.
- To attach a link to the announcement, enter the URL into the Hyperlink to URL field.
- If the document or hyperlink should be associated with a particular lot, select that lot from the Lot Selector list. If not, select General.
- Click the Save Download button. Documents and links associated with the announcement will appear at the bottom of the page.
- To edit a document/link, click the Edit link located to the left of the file name/URL.
- To remove a document/link, click the Delete link located to the left of the file name/URL.
- If the document/link was associated with a particular lot, that lot will need to be selected from the Lot Selector field before it can be edited or deleted.