This article describes the process for creating an auction event in AuctionBuilder.
This article contains the following sections:
- Create a New Event
- Event Number
- Event Type
- Event Title & Description
- Primary & Additional Categories
- Approval Criteria for Buyers
- Event Location
- Auction Currency Type
- Sequential Paddle Number
- Additional Features
Create a New Event
- Click the Create New Event link located on the left side of the page under AuctionTools.
- A new section will appear in the center of the page.
- To create an event without using a pre-built template, click the Create a New Event link.
- To use a pre-built template to create an event, select a template name from the Pre-built Template field and click the Go button. If no pre-built templates have been created yet, this field will be empty. For more information, see Pre-Built Event Templates.
- Enter an Event Number.
- Select an Event Type.
- Enter an Event Title and Description.
- The Event Title has a 50 character limit.
- The Event Description has a 200 character limit.
- Select Primary and Additional Categories.
- Select the event's Approval Criteria for Buyers.
- If needed, reserve an audio stream. For more information, see Managing Live Events.
- For Live events (Live &Pre-Bid, Live, and Live Virtual), complete the Event Location information.
- For Live events (Live & Pre-Bid, Live, and Live Virtual), enter the event's date and time and select an operator option.
- For Timed events, enter the bidding start time and end time, as well as the closing time increment. For more information, see Managing Timed Events.
- Select a Currency.
- Enter the Sequential Paddle Number.
- For additional event features, see below.
- Check the Require SSN box to require that all bidders enter the last 4 digits of their Social Security Number (SSN) when registering for the event.
- Click the Choose File button to select a Feature Image. This will be the image associated with the auction event. Select an image that represents the majority of the auction inventory, or use the company logo. For image requirements, see Proxibid Image Requirements.
- Click the Create button.
The event number is a 1-6 digit code that is used to identify an auction event. This code must be numeric and is primarily significant to the auction company. Buyers will not see this number.
Often the event date is used. Using the date is convenient if there is no other preferred method of numbering and an auction company will only hold one auction per day.
Once a number has been used as an auction number, it is not available to use again.
Please note that this number is not the same as the Auction ID that is used for linking Proxibid to Wavebid. For more information, see Linking Events with Wavebid.
An auction event can only have one Event Type.
- Live & Pre-bid: A live, on-site auction that will also be webcast online. These lots will also be available for online pre-bidding. For more information, see Managing Live Events.
- Live: A live, on-site auction that will be webcast online, but without pre-bidding. For more information, see Managing Live Events.
- Live Virtual: A webcast online live auction with pre-bidding for online buyers only. For more information, see Managing Live Events.
- Timed: An online-only auction in which 100% of the bidding will take place online. Timed auctions typically runs two weeks or less. Events cannot be changed from a Timed event type to a Live & Pre-bid event type. For more information, see Managing Timed Events.
Event Title & Description
Using an effective Event Title is important for catching a bidders attention as they peruse the Proxibid website for auctions to participate in.
Any specific information that did not fit into the Event Title field can be added to the Event Description.
Enter a detailed description that provides additional information regarding the auction that answers the question, “What is being sold in this auction?” Use keywords and try to use all 200 characters for the description. If there are specific name brands being featured in a catalog, those should be highlighted in the event description. A brief list of items can be listed in the description as well.
Primary & Additional Categories
The Primary Category selected for an event is very important as many bidders view auctions based on their category. The Primary Category should reflect the majority of the types of items listed in an auction. Proxibid Account Managers can also assist in determining an event's Primary Category.
The event will be displayed within the Primary Category selected on the Proxibid.com site. Up to two additional categories can be selected as a secondary event categories.
Categories can also be added at the lot level to assist buyers when browsing for items of interest. For more information, see Categorization & Metadata.
Approval Criteria for Buyers
Proxibid allows users to select the level of verification for approving buyers to participate in an event.
For questions relating to Proxibid's risk assessment tools, contact a Proxibid Account Manager.
The Event Location should be the address where the live auction is taking place. This address is visible to bidders.
An accurate address ensures that an auction appears correctly on the maps generated by Proxibid.
If an exact address is not available, enter the cross streets of the nearest intersection. For example, "S 22nd St. & B St."
Checking the Show Map Link box will turn the event location into a hyperlink that will open a map displaying the location of the event.
Checking the Item Location box will add the event location to the lot level. Lots have already been assigned a lot location will not be updated.
Checking the Hide Item Location Details box will add the following verbiage to each lot: "All lots are located at event location".
Auction Currency Type
Auction Currency Type is simply the currency the auction will use. If an auction has ATG Pay enabled, only USD is permitted and all other currencies will be disabled.
There are twenty seven currency types to choose from. The standard for most auction events occurring within the United States is the US Dollar (USD). USD is the default currency selection.
The acronyms for most frequently used currency options are listed below:
- USD - US Dollar
- CAD - Canadian Dollar
- EUR - Euro
- GBP - British Pounds Sterling
- AUD - Australian Dollar
- JPY - Japanese Yen
- CHF - Swiss Francs
Use extreme caution and intention when selecting any option other than USD. The currency selected will be the only currency allowed for the event.
Sequential Paddle Number
Paddle number assignment allows up to six digits per paddle. The number entered will be the first paddle number assigned to the first online registered buyer. Paddle numbers can start at any desired number in the hundreds or thousands (3 or 4 digits). It is recommended to either start online paddle numbers where on-site paddle numbers end, or to select a start number that will not conflict with any of the paddle numbers assigned to on-site buyers.
Depending on how an auction company needs to customize their experience with the marketplace, additional features are available through the Proxibid Account Management team. Please contact a Proxibid Account Manager to enable any of the features below:
- Private Auction: Private auctions are not visible to bidders browsing on Proxibid.com- they are only accessible to bidders who have been provided with a link directly to the event. After checking the Private Auction box, a URL will appear that can be copied and then provided to bidders as needed. Auction companies also have the option of requiring a password in order to access the event. To do so, enter the desired password into the Event Password field and then click the Update button at the bottom of the page. Bidders will be required to enter this password in order to access the event.
- Hide When Invoiced: This feature removes an event from visibility on Proxibid.com. The event will not appear in search results or on the company's Proxibid.com landing page.
- Use Sold Pending Confirmation: The feature enables auctioneers to hold the validity of the sale of a lot, or group of lots, until the sale can be confirmed. For more information, see Sold Pending Confirmation.
- Display Buyer's Premium as "Tiered":
- Block International Bidders: This feature prevent bidders from outside the United States from registering for the event.
- Determination is made based on the bidder's home address.
- Bidders from Canada and Mexico will also be blocked.