This article describes the process for linking a Proxibid event with an event in Wavebid as well as the types of information exchanged between the two platforms.
This article contains the following sections:
- About Wavebid Linking
- Linking an Event
- Exporting/Importing Between Wavebid & Proxibid
- APN and Wavebid
About Wavebid Linking
Proxibid and Wavebid have an integration that allows users to export a catalog and photos directly to Proxibid, re-export changes to a catalog, and pull in sale results directly from Proxibid to Wavebid.
Auctions must be created in both Proxibid and Wavebid in order to be linked.
A Proxibid account must be linked to a Wavebid account before specific events can be linked. For information on linking accounts, visit the Wavebid Help Center.
Data from the fields below will be exported from Wavebid to Proxibid:
*Gallery lots generated by Wavebid will not export to Proxibid.
Tax and Buyer's Premium information will not export from Wavebid to Proxibid.
Information entered in the Location field in Lot Builder (Wavebid) will not be exported to Proxibid. However, location information entered with the lot's metadata will be exported to Proxibid.
Linking an Event
- Click on the Bulk Loader link located on the left side of AuctionBuilder under Auction Tools.
- Use the Select Catalog drop-down to select the auction to be linked.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Get Wavebid Linking Information box.
- Copy the Auction ID. This will need to be entered into Wavebid.
- In Wavebid, navigate to the applicable auction from the Dashboard, then select Auction > Edit Settings.
- Under the Auction Attributes tab, ensure that the Auction Software is set to Proxibid.
- At the bottom of the page, enter the Auction ID (obtained from Proxibid) into the Proxibid Auction ID field.
- Click the Disk button in the top right corner of the page to save. For troubleshooting, see the 'Troubleshooting' section of the Proxibid Integration article in the Wavebid Help Center.
Exporting/Importing Between Wavebid & Proxibid
For information on how to export an auction from Wavebid to Proxibid, see the 'Exporting an Auction' section of the Proxibid Integration article in the Wavebid Help Center.
For information on how to export bidder and sale data from Proxibid to Wavebid, see the 'Importing Bidders and Sale data' section of the Proxibid Integration article in the Wavebid Help Center.
For issues/errors, see the 'Troubleshooting' section of the Proxibid Integration article in the Wavebid Help Center.
APN and Wavebid
APN (Auction Payment Network) is not integrated with Wavebid. This means that Proxibid events using APN must be invoiced out of Proxibid so that payments can be taken through APN. Once payments have been collected, Proxibid sales data can be imported back into Wavebid. Please note that payment data does not import from Proxibid to Wavebid. For more information, see the 'APN and Wavebid' section of the Proxibid Integration Help Article in the Wavebid Help Center.